Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Medicated Blogging

Well. today I finally did it. I had surgery at 7:30 this morning to have a cholesystectomy....otherwise known as a galbladder removal. It went incredibly well and while I was very nervous about the possibility of leaving my baby girl and new husband behind my fears were calmed when I went in today. I told my anesthesiologist not to kill me and he looked at me with total shock! It was funny. I am now home and extremely sore with 4 slices in my tummy that aren't so pretty. I actually have pictures, but I will spare you all of the gore! As you can tell...I am in good spirits and that is thanks to the many doses of vicodin I have consumed to help ease the pain. I won't neglect to mention that it is also because of my wonderful husband who has stood my side without fail from the moment that I awoke this morning. He has catered to my every need and cared for our daughter in the midst of it all. Our parent's have played a big part in helping us out through this as well! I am so blessed! The surgeon was very surprised at how bad my galbladder actually was and she is confident that once I heal I will feel MUCH better than before! YAY!!!

Happy early Thanksgiving everyone! I hope you all find many things to be thankful for and have a safe and wonderful holiday.

2 comments:

The Richards said...

Wow tye i cant believe you got that done, i hope you are feeling ok and that you begin to feel better soon, i cant imagine that! Health is so important! i understand the feeling of nervousness that you might die, i go through that every time they put me to sleep!

lofgreenlegacy said...

Hey, I'm so sorry you had to go through that but am so glad that you aren't going to be in pain anymore. Thanks for the comment on my blog. It really means alot. And I'm so sorry that you too are going through the same thing. Please Please Please let me know if there is anything I can do.