Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Catching Up!


Okay, so some of you know that I have been gone on vacation and just returned. What started out to be a 4 day trip, turned into 2 weeks, so I am way behind on blogging! Shaelana and I flew out to Mississippi and spent time with family there, then drove to Oklahoma and accompanied my grandmother back to Arizona. It was a fun trip, but we did miss daddy terribly and are happy to be home!


Shaelana attacking her great-cousin Garretth and LOVING it!



My Aunt's neighborhood in Mississippi...I'm in love with all of the GREEN!



My little dolly



Shaelana dancing with her Great Auntie Tanette


Shaelana and her Great Granny playing on the counter

I love this picture!



Having fun walking



My pretty cousin Splaressa



Garretth and I on our way to Oklahoma


Entertaining ourself


Having fun at his big sisters expense while she is sleeping



Going in for the kill



Attacking her great-cousin

Okay, these next two deserve explanation! I laughed so hard! I was actually sitting on this stool and pre-occupied. I hear Shaelana whining and realize that it is coming from beneath me! I still don't know how she managed to worm her way into a standing position, but when I saw her I died laughing!!! Ofcourse, I had to take pictures before coming to her rescue!!! KIDS ARE THE FUNNIEST FORM OF ENTERTAINMENT BY MILES!!!


Completely trapped! Makeshift playpen while traveling?! LOL!


HELP MOM! Put down the camera and get me out of here!!!


Before Leaving for Mississippi, Brandon, Shaelana and I, along with Brandon's parents and cousin Paige went to Trail Dust. It is a little western town here in Tucson that is really cute. We ate dinner at the steak house, shopped in all the little darling shops, had hot cocoa on a train ride, and enjoyed an interactive show put on by actors in the town. There were plenty of effects including gun fights, explosives and ghosts in honor of halloween. It was loud and entertaining, and Shaelana really loved it! We had a great time and enjoyed it very much!

Entering Trail Dust

NOTE THE SIGN!!! We found that especially funny!


Paige outside of the country store


My husband the miner

Fun with explosives?!

A little western girl

She didn't eat all her veggies at dinner!


My precious baby enjoying herself

Palm readings and fortunes told here!



Finally, we celebrated Shaelana's first Halloween! She was a darling little sunflower, I dressed up as a witch (fitting?!) and her Daddy was a hillbilly. Too funny! We joined my siblings and niece and nephews for trick or treating, all dressed up and got way too much candy! Tiger, Papa, and Granny joined us for the fun as well. Tiger being my mom...yes, that is her "grandparent" label. She is not a grandma, nana, mamaw, etc...she is a Tiger! She loves it, and it certainly fits. She spells it Tyegrrr! I love it, and the kids do to. Her favorite thing to say is "everyone has a grandma, but not everyone has a Tyegrrr!" The best pictures from this night are on her camera, including the whole family shot, but here a few to show you how darling Shaelana looked! She ofcourse stole the show! We had alot of fun, but I think the adults had the most fun with the costumes! We are still just a bunch of kids at heart I suppose.


Shaelana and I slightly hyped up on candy!

All the Mommies and the babies.
Raderika was a sexy devil and her boys, Kyzek and Zairek, were a scarecrow and a skeleton. Jessica was a Rockstar and Zareonna was Scooby Doo. I am the witch and Shaelana is the Sunflower.


No, that isn't dirt on her face...just a hard earned tootsie roll!



Raderika and I in all of our get-up!

6 comments:

Dmcguire25 said...

That looks exhausting! I am so glad you are back home and safe! OMG I can not believe how big she is getting! I just can not believe it! I just can not! She is so beautiful and I love it! I am hoping to get down there soon and see you before you guys leave! We love you guys! I am so proud of you for dressing up, I was not so brave!

lofgreenlegacy said...

How Fun!!! Mississippi looks gorgeous. I showed Dave the pics and we want to be there. Shaelana is so stinkin' cute. I just want to squeeze her little cheeks. She is gorgeous just like her mama. And you all looked great in your Halloween costumes. Dave wanted to dress up as a pimp and me be his employee but I told him no. I love the sunflower. And you are a beautiful witch. You looked like the witch on Snow White that get her to eat the apple. haha. Glad your back. What are your plans for Colorado?

Unknown said...

that little baby is me and im 12 now <3 ;3 paige is so little XD

Anonymous said...

hey its me again im 13 now almost 14 lol ive made it a choice to chek in every year well see you when im 14 ttyl! :]

Anonymous said...

I m late by 3 years LOL oopsies
I'm 16 now 😌

Anonymous said...

I m late by 3 years LOL oopsies
I'm 16 now 😌