Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Very Merry Christmas

We had such a wonderful Christmas this year! Brandon and I were so excited for Christmas, we decorated the house before Thanksgiving! All month long we watched all of our favorite Christmas movies, some repeatedly, and we made lots of holiday treats (probably too many) but most importantly, we made really special memories. We started Christmas Eve at Brandon's parents, where his aunts, uncles and cousins came over for a big turkey dinner, presents, and a movie. We then headed over to my parents house and were joined by my brother and sister and their families. We had a spread of holiday goodies and finger foods, opened even more presents, and all the babies played together. My nephews were good little boys and went to bed, while Shaelana and my niece decided to hang out with the adults regardless of whether or not Santa was on his way! The girls occupied themselves with marshmallows and cookies while all the adults played silly Christmas games with no shortage of laughter!!!

We came back home around midnight and Brandon read Twas the Night Before Christmas to Shaelana to put her back to sleep. Santa came to visit shortly after and left even more presents and goodies in our stocking.

I woke up early Christmas morning, and finally had to wake up Brandon and Shaelana. They were both sick and sleeping so hard and I couldn't wait anymore! Later that day, Lexie came over and we had Christmas with her as well. The girls played and giggled uncontrollably with each other, and the day was consumed with trying out all the new toys.

In addition to Christmas, we celebrated Brandon's 26th birthday!!! He is a Christmas baby, and you can imagine how difficult it is to compete with such a major holiday on your birthday. I made him his favorite cake - german chocolate, and he opened birthday presents that evening. Shaelana really got a kick out of the Happy Birthday song! I hope Brandon did as well! In honor of his birthday, I just want to say two things to him...Babe: first, I love you more every day and I am so blessed you are my husband! I hope all your wishes come true. And second, welcome to 26, now you are old just like me so stop making fun of me!!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone!!!


Photo Op!

Mommy's turn...

Big smiles for Christmas


My Very First Christmas!

Playing with cousins

Opening her very first present

All the baby cousins


"What is that?!" - Shaelana
Her first pony!
Trying out the new toys!

Carrying on a family tradition for atleast 3 generations


Lexie opening presents

Merry Christmas!
Gimme gimme gimme!

The prettiest princess

4 comments:

Dmcguire25 said...

That looks wonderful!!! Man she looked like she had a wonderful christmas! Yea! Happy New Years

lofgreenlegacy said...

How CUTE! I love all the pics! Shaelana is just absolutely adorable! I love her cheeks. I know I say that in every post but she is. I'm glad you guys had a good Christmas and I hope you have a great New Year! Tell Brandon Happy Belated Birthday.

The Richards said...

i love your blog! your little girl is seriously so beautiful, but of course she is you are her mom! Hey how is your mom? or is that a sensitive subject? if it is ignore the fact that i just asked, ok! Anyways i am so glad you had such a great Christmas and you family is adorable! Thank you for your wonderful posts all the time, youre great!

Dmcguire25 said...

Updates please! I need some info about how the new year is going and how life is! LOL!!!