Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sisters, a Winter Fair, and an Eyepatch

We had a great day yesterday! It was the Annual Tucson Winter Fair and Christmas Parade downtown, and we were able to take Lexie along with us! We headed down to the fair at 3:00 and spent the afternoon eating yummy food and checking out all of the neat things artisans had for sale.

Then we headed to the parade of lights at 6:00 and met up with all of my family as well as Brandon's. It was nice and chilly out setting the atmosphere perfect for Christmas celebrations.

The two girls had a GREAT time together. They literally laughed and giggled all day. As if they had a secret that only they knew. It was so darling! At the end of the parade, while we were stuck in traffic, Lexie and Shaelana watched Horton Hears A Who (very cute movie) and shared popcorn in the backseat. We didn't interrupt the moment with any pictures, but the sight of them sharing that moment was the sweetest all day. We had a late dinner with plenty more giggles and laughter and talking...a much needed experience for the four of us. It was such a blessed day! Here are some pictures of the girls!



Playing together at Grandma's house.

All Smiles!

Daddy and his two girls

Sharing a moment


Lexie riding the children's ferris wheel at the fair

Shaelana watching her sister in awe

Sweet moment of sister bonding

Playing together





Lastly, my daughter is learning where facial features are and how to say them. Her most recent accomplishment is "eyes". She says it perfectly and this morning, lying in bed I decided to test her knowledge. I asked her "Where are Mommy's eyes?" With little hesitation, she showed me just how smart she is and poked me right in the eye! Didn't hit the eyelid at all, but instead got all eyeball! Unfortunately for me, Sunday's are the day I always trim her nails (force of habit) and we hadn't accomplished that just yet this morning, so now I have a corneal abrasion, which feels like sand is in my eye. Thus, the gorgeous new accessory of a homemade eyepatch since it's Sunday and I refuse to sit in urgent care today. Surprisingly it helps, but I thought I would add to the fun and journal this one!


Oh so fashionable!!!

5 comments:

lofgreenlegacy said...

I love seeing the girls have so much fun together. There is nothing like having a sister to laugh with and "share secrets" with. Shaelana is adorable and obviously very smart. Sounds like you guys had a blast.

Dmcguire25 said...

Poor thing, I love the eye patch! Man lexie and Shaelana look like they just adore eachother! What fun, I miss you guys and I hope to come see you guys soon! Lova ya!

Ashley said...

How sweet to have a sister. I'm so sorry about your eye.

Deanne Wahl said...

I love sisters. It is amazing the bond they have. And I hope your eye is okay. I always have those moments, where something I does doesn't exactly turn out the way I planned. Have a Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tylonda this is Camille Watson, my little sister gave me the message you sent to her on my space...I was so excited to hear that you were looking for me and to find this blog... Your family is so cute and you look so happy! I've been meaning to leave a message for you here for quite some time... anyways we have a ton of catching up to do and it would be great to get back in touch with you... email me at camillewatson@cableone.net and we'll exchange numbers.. Can't wait to hear from you..talk to you soon!