Monday, February 23, 2009

Uh-Ohhh!!!

Well, it's official! Shaelana has moved right on into the early toddler stage. Yes, I know she is only 13 months, but that isn't stopping her from giving us a little preview of what is called the "terrible twos"! Thank goodness I'm a Momma with a sense of humor and a camera with a battery charge just in case. Otherwise, you might have missed out on these oh so funny moments in our life!

Let's start with pudding. Late one evening, Mommy and Shaelana are sharing some chocolate pudding, when Shaelana decides to be a big girl and feed herself. Mommy's turn is now over, and her share has ran out! This is how it ended...







Oh yes...Sugar rush leads to passing out in Daddy's arms less than 10 minutes later.

THEN! This past Sunday, while Daddy and Mommy are enjoying a movie at home, Grandma asks if it is okay to give Shaelana a lollipop. SURE! We say in unison, looking forward to the time the lolli is sure to guarantee us of uninterrupted silence to finish the movie. Oh no no. A few minutes into this delicious sucker, our little one starts whining and getting pretty mad and vocalizing this. We glance up from our movie to find her in her high chair with this dilemma...

"Look at the mess I've got myself into now Mom!"

"What is going on?! Where is my sucker?"



This picture turned out to be one of my favorites ever and it was purely accidental! I LOVE the reflection of her and her Daddy!!!

Into the bath she goes!

She was babbling about her experience and I love that I caught this funny face!

YAY!!! We got it out!!!

Still good enough to eat I suppose...


In the meantime, I managed to capture this great picture of her gorgeous eyes!!!





AND WE ARE NOT DONE YET!!! Just today, Mommy got a phone call from Daddy. Less than 2 minutes into this phone call, it is eerily quiet. Anyone who has a one year old knows that strange silence and can only assume it means trouble! Then comes the noise...as I step around the island in the kitchen, I find our dear Shaelana planning her next meal. See for yourself what the little chef had in mind...

Oh yes! It's Italian Night at the Bell house! Plenty of spaghetti for all!

Uh-Oh sweetheart, you have been caught red handed.

"No worries Momma! I'll put it back!"

This could take awhile...


Well, I guess this is her official "I've been caught" face. She doesn't really seem too worried though.

I have to give her credit! She did make an effort to help me clean every bit of it up! She made me laugh every time and brought true joy to my day just in all of her exploration. How blessed I am to have a healthy, curious baby who is learning of the many things that she has been wondering about for so long and who keeps every moment of my day an everchanging surprise experience. I love her endlessly!!!

9 comments:

The Richards said...

She is such a doll, i love her expressions! My baby is 16 months old so i totally understand were you are at! I love this age and their curiosity! And the picture with her daddy in the mirror is priceless!

Luke & Erica said...

Ty she is precious!!! The sucker could have been worse, it could have been gum. So glad the curls were saved. This just shows you that she is inquisitive and adventurous, not much different than her momma. On the plus side ages 2-3 is so much fun. Her little personality will start to come out more and you will get to see what a little sweetie and momma girl she really is.

lofgreenlegacy said...

She is absolutely adorable! I love reading your posts, they always bring a smile to my face. You should be a writer. You have a way with words. Anyways, Shaelana is way to precious to get mad at, just like any other kid, they are too sweet and innocent. Besides I will leave the fighting and yelling for when my kids are in high school...She is a doll...give her a big kiss for me!

Dmcguire25 said...

OMG this is so sweet and you are an inspiration, I swear I would have been so mad at the itallian dinner mess! You are so patient and sweet, she is a lucky little lady to have a great mom like you!

Luke & Erica said...

Tell me about it, I have a newborn and already planning my next two pregnancies. I love my girls so much and loving being home right now. Even on maternity leave though, I am still super busy. How did I do this and work full-time?

Ashley said...

She is so cute! I love glimpses of trouble! Don't worry it will only get way worse!

Dmcguire25 said...

We need new updates, I dont have a new number for you guys so I need more updates!

lofgreenlegacy said...

Ok girl where is your update!!! Are you still living in Tucson? Sorry I have to ask, I know how random you guys are! UPDATE, and put pics of you guys and Shaelana! I miss you, talk to you soon-

Dmcguire25 said...

OK I NEED UPDATES PLEASE!!!